Effective Inpatient Treatment Program at Sanctuary Mauritius
Nestled in a lush pineapple plantation atop rolling hills on a tropical island, Sanctuary Mauritius is a full-service addiction rehabilitation center licensed by the Mauritius Department of Health. Our inpatient program offers complete addiction recovery from drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, and behavioral and process addictions. In addition, we offer treatment for anxiety, depression, trauma and eating disorders.
Our 5-star hotel and facilities offer a serene and luxurious environment, while our professionally licensed and certified physicians and counselors provide best-in-service care and support.
Our inpatient treatment affords you the best possible location and opportunity to address and fully treat the addiction or mental condition you or a loved one are currently struggling with. We have an 85% (non-relapse) success rate, made possible by our unique and personalized treatment programs.
Contact us today HERE for a free consultation with a senior member of our staff.
Common questions about our inpatient treatment program are answered below:
Who We Accept at Sanctuary Mauritius
The criteria for admissions into the addiction treatment program are as follows:
- At least 18 years old.
- No major health issues that need hospitalization.
- Must be sober and free of non-prescribed drugs at the time of admittance.
- A minimum commitment period will be proposed following initial evaluation.
Who We Cannot Accept at Sanctuary Mauritius
We are unable to accept those that fit any one of the following conditions:
- Under the age of 18.
- Physically aggressive or suicidal.
- Suffering from severe health issues that will interfere with participation in the program.
What Does Sanctuary Mauritius’ Treatment Program Include?
Our program uses several effective therapies to bring about a rapid recovery from addiction and mental disorders. These include:
- Twice weekly group therapy
- Daily 12 Step meetings
- One-on-one counselling with certified physicians and psychologists specializing in addiction recovery
- Psychiatric sessions with addiction psychiatrist (on an as needed basis, primarily for dual diagnosis patients)
- Stress Management (mindfulness and meditation)
- Daily indoor and outdoor stress-free fitness sessions
- Acupuncture sessions when needed
- Reflection and personal study time using our vast library of self-improvement resources and techniques
- Tai Chi, yoga, reflexology, Reiki sessions
- Therapeutic massage sessions
Facilities and Guest Expectations at Sanctuary Mauritius
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be escorted to our rehab resort by our private VIP pick-up service. Your guest room will be prepared with all necessary appurtenances so you are comfortable throughout your stay.
You will have full access to all on-site facilities. All meals, refreshments and necessary snacks are included in your inpatient program. We provide daily and weekly laundry services as well.
From your third week onwards, you will also participate in our escorted outdoors excursions around the various islands of Mauritius. The feedback from these excursions has always been phenomenal; they give the chance to take in your natural surroundings and appreciate the beauty of a world free from the grips of addiction.
What is not included?
- Airfare to and from Mauritius, SSR International Airport
- Travel medical insurance
- Cigarettes, souvenirs, international phone calls
- Hospitalized medical detoxification (when necessary)
- Non-treatment related medical conditions and medications
Fees at Sanctuary Mauritius
The costs of our treatment programs vary depending on your specific needs and requirements; the program is highly customized to your unique condition and challenges. For this reason, it is best to contact us HERE. A senior member of our staff will then call you for a free consultation, which will include a complete cost summary of your treatment.
For privacy and confidentiality, we only allow a maximum of 20 patients at any given time. To secure your place at Sanctuary Mauritius we require a 50% deposit at least one week prior to your arrival. The balance is due upon official admittance into the clinic.
We are regularly booked in advance so we highly recommend contacting us HERE as soon as possible to secure your place. Payment can be made via bank transfer, credit card and even cash if you need to arrive on short notice.
What to Bring to Sanctuary Mauritius
The average temperature at Sanctuary Mauritius is extremely moderate and pleasant, however daily temperatures can fluctuate between 18°C in winter and 30°C in summer.
Below are some important items to bring with you:
- Casual clothes
- Walking shoes, flat soled shoes or sandals
- Sweatshirt or light jacket
- Gym clothes
- Current medications in original bottles with doctor’s prescription
Mobile phones, laptop computers and tablets are allowed once approved by the doctor. Normally these items are not allowed during the first two weeks of treatment unless approved by our treatment team. Wifi zones are located in several areas of the clinic.
What Not to Bring to Sanctuary Mauritius
We do not allow any drugs or medications unless pre-approved by our doctor’s or that come with a prescription from a doctor. Alcohol and illicit drugs are not allowed, as well as any products containing alcohol such as mouthwash, aftershave, etc. We can provide alternatives here at the clinic.
Additionally, please do not bring any clothing, jewelry or other accessories depicting drug and alcohol use, or offensive/profane language.
Want to know more about our residential procedures
Feel free to contact us below