Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sanctuary Mauritius offers complete inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs, as well as treatment for co-occurring disorders. We are based on the island nation of Mauritius and are fully accredited and licensed as a rehabilitation center by the Mauritius Ministry of Health.
If you have a question that is not answered below, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us through our Contact Us page HERE.
1. Will my insurance cover the cost of my treatment?
Because we are a licensed rehab facility, our treatments are recognized and refunded by most international insurance companies. Our intake specialists can answer any insurance related questions you may have and will help you through the process.
2. Who do you accept at Sanctuary Mauritius?
The criteria for admissions into the addiction treatment program are as follows:
- At least 18 years old.
- No major health issues that need hospitalization.
- Must be sober and free of non-prescribed drugs at the time of admittance.
- A minimum commitment period will be proposed following initial evaluation.
3. Who will you not accept at your center?
We are unable to accept those that fit any one of the following conditions:
- Under the age of 18.
- Physically aggressive or suicidal.
- Suffering from severe health issues that will interfere with participation in the program.
4. What does your program include?
Our program uses several effective therapies to bring about a rapid recovery from addiction and mental disorders. These include:
- Twice weekly group therapy
- Daily 12 Step meetings
- One-on-one counselling with certified physicians and psychologists specializing in addiction recovery
- Psychiatric sessions with addiction psychiatrist (on an as needed basis, primarily for dual diagnosis patients)
- Stress Management (mindfulness and meditation)
- Daily indoor and outdoor stress-free fitness sessions
- Acupuncture sessions when needed
- Reflection and personal study time using our vast library of self-improvement resources and techniques
- Tai Chi, yoga, reflexology, Reiki sessions
- Therapeutic massage sessions
5. What can I expect once I start my program at Sanctuary Mauritius?
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be escorted to our rehab resort by our private VIP pick-up service. Your guest room will be prepared with all necessary appurtenances so you are comfortable throughout your stay.
You will have full access to all on-site facilities. All meals, refreshments and necessary snacks are included in your inpatient program. We provide daily and weekly laundry services as well.
From your third week onwards, you will also participate in our escorted outdoors excursions around the various islands of Mauritius. The feedback from these excursions has always been phenomenal; they give the chance to take in your natural surroundings and appreciate the beauty of a world free from the grips of addiction.
6. What is not included?
- Airfare to and from Mauritius, SSR International Airport
- Travel medical insurance
- Cigarettes, souvenirs, international phone calls
- Hospitalized medical detoxification (when necessary)
- Non-treatment related medical conditions and medications
7. What are your fees for treatment?
At Sanctuary Mauritius, our care is person-centred and customised to your unique condition and challenges as we recognise the fact that every patient is different, with his or her own set of individualised needs and beliefs. We treat each case differently, and for that reason we advise all our clients to contact us for a quote based on their own needs. In addition, our therapeutic environment allows us to offer a choice of rooms to our patients ranging from Standard, Standard Deluxe, and VIP Suite. No matter how you look at it, we charge less than a third of similar facilities in Europe and you get the fantastic year round sunshine thrown in for free!!
8. What is your payment schedule for treatment?
For privacy and confidentiality, we only allow a maximum of 20 patients at any given time. To secure your place at Sanctuary Mauritius we require a 50% deposit at least one week prior to your arrival. The balance is due upon official admittance into the clinic.
We are regularly booked in advance so we highly recommend contacting us HERE as soon as possible to secure your place. Payment can be made via bank transfer, credit card and even cash if you need to arrive on short notice.
9. What should I bring to Sanctuary Mauritius?
The average temperature at Sanctuary Mauritius is extremely moderate and pleasant, however daily temperatures can fluctuate between 18°C in winter and 30°C in summer.
Below are some important items to bring with you:
- Casual clothes
- Walking shoes, flat soled shoes or sandals
- Sweatshirt or light jacket
- Gym clothes
- Current medications in original bottles with doctor’s prescription
Mobile phones, laptop computers and tablets are allowed once approved by the doctor. Normally these items are not allowed during the first two weeks of treatment unless approved by our treatment team. Wifi zones are located in several areas of the clinic.
10. What shouldn’t I bring? What’s prohibited?
We do not allow any drugs or medications unless pre-approved by our doctor’s or that come with a prescription from a doctor. Alcohol and illicit drugs are not allowed, as well as any products containing alcohol such as mouthwash, aftershave, etc. We can provide alternatives here at the clinic.
Additionally, please do not bring any clothing, jewelry or other accessories depicting drug and alcohol use, or offensive/profane language.
11. Is it possible to have visitors while I’m at Sanctuary Mauritius?
Yes, this can be coordinated with your therapist.
12. What if I am a smoker?
We provide stop-smoking programs at every level of treatment at Sanctuary Mauritius. However, if you feel that it is not yet time to stop smoking, we do have an outside area for such.
13. I have a friend that may have an eating disorder. How serious is this?
Eating disorders are very serious conditions that if left untreated can become life threatening. Please reach out to us as soon as possible. You can be sure we will not breach yours or your friend’s anonymity or confidentiality.
14. What happens after I’m done with rehab?
Each patient has different needs and desired outcomes. Upon rehab completion, your treatment team will create a complete after-care recovery plan suited for your condition and requirements. You can read more about our aftercare coaching and support HERE
15. What are your fees for treatment?
To give you an idea of our fees- a full 28 day Rehab program with all services,treatments,medications and holistic package included will cost 14,500 Euros in a private ensuite deluxe room. We have standrad rooms, deluxe rooms, vip rooms and a presidential room. The prices vary depending on the type of accommodation and the service package.
Want to get answers to your questions?
Feel free to contact us below